Just because the weather is getting colder and we are putting more layers of clothes on doesn't mean we should add more layers to our actual physique!
You want abs of steel and have been doing crunches everyday in the gym for months now. Do you have a 6 pack yet? No? You have probably heard it before but I'll just say it again as a reminder: ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN! Yes, its true! This is the one muscle that should constantly be on your mind! I'm not saying that for vanity reasons BUT the abdominal are what cover all your organs. Your organs are extremely important. If you have fat hiding in between all the cracks and crevices then you are increasing your health risks for things such as heart disease, diabetes, heart attacks metabolic syndrome and more. Are you getting the picture now?
What should you eat to keep the belly fat down and the stomach tight? GOOD FOOD! That may seem obvious but it can be difficult. Every body reacts differently to certain macro nutrients. Some people do better with more carbohydrates, some with more fat and some with a lot of protein. It depends on YOU. I can tell you though that sugar, alcohol, processed foods, artificially enhanced foods and chemically and genetically modified foods WON'T help. Try these 6 steps below and they will help you on your way to achieving a tighter and healthier mid section!
1) Eat more vegatables! Your mother was right- vegtables are good for you! SO good for you! They are packed with nutirents, low in calories and fill you up quickly!
2) Eliminate SUGAR! Sugar is in everything so you really have to be conscious of this one. Check every label and make sure you aren't eating added sugar.
3) Eat your charbohydrates at the right time. Our bodies use carbs as an energy source mostly and there are times when we need more energy than others. Put your carbs in your breakfast and before and after your workouts. You don't need them at dinner (unless you plan on going for a longggg run)!
4) Drink a gallon of water a day! This seems to be the easiest but most difficult for people. Water transports everything throughout your body. Without it or low amounts of it everything will move slower. Not to mention it will make you feel way better!
5) Take out artificial drinks and alcohol! Anything that is artifically made or sweetened probably isn't good for you and neither is mass amounts of alochol. Try to limit drinks to water, coffee and tea. Drink coffee and tea in moderation.
6) Sleep! Did you know sleep directly effects your performance, your goals, and your mental state? It has SUCH an impact on your life so why cut corners? Get 7-8 hours of sleep and see what I mean. If you skimp out on good sleep your body will directly be effected... especially your weight loss goals!
Try these tips and see how they help you and your midsection!
Questions? Email: mailto:email@example.com
In good health,
Cristina Walterman, owner of CW Physique, let's you in on fitness and nutrition tips, recipes, exercises and much more. With over 8 years of experience in the industry, she loves to inspire and motivate individuals. She always practices what she preaches and leads by example.