For those who follow my blog, I apologize for the delay! I have had some computer issues but I am back in action!
Today I want to go over some tips that can help you achieve your weight-loss goals this summer. Bathing suit season is weeks away and I seem to hear a common trend from many bodies... "I can't seem to lose weight." There are many factors that come to play when it comes to loosing weight. I am going to list the top 5 reasons why YOU may not be able to shed those last few pounds.
1) You aren't eating ENOUGH! Too many times I hear people telling me that they are eating 1000 calories a day and they can't figure out why they aren't loosing weight. Here's the thing, you actually HAVE to eat to loose weight. ALL of my clients are always surprised by the amount of food I have them eating for weight loss programs and by how quickly they see results on the scale. You must fuel your body in order to burn energy! You can't drive a car with no gas, right? Your body is the same way! Choose healthy foods that will cater to your daily activity.
2) You are eating EMPTY CALORIES! All calories ar NOT created equally! Empty calories come from foods that don't have any nutritional value to them but they DO have sugars and plenty of chemicals! Try going for a mixed green salad with fresh berries and almonds with a vinegar and olive oil dressing rather than chips and candy. Even soda and diet fountain drinks are empty and harmful calories.
3) Move! Many times people think going to the gym will help them drop weight. Sure you can go to the gym, but are you doing the RIGHT things to help you achieve your goals or are you just wasting your time? If you are on the cardio machine for 30 minutes or more and think that will help, your wrong. Weight lifting and full body exercises are a great weight to increase strength and burn more fat and get you to your goal faster than monotonous cardio.
4) Eating out with friends. With summer being around the corner, many people will spend nights out with friends or family at restaurants. You may think that you are being healthy by ordering the fish and veggies but what REALLY is in your food? Have you ever thought to ask? I ALWAYS ask how the food is prepared and WHAT it is prepared in. Nine times out of ten, that fish you thought was healthy is drenched in oil and butter. Try asking the waiter to hold the butter and oil and just grill your fish. You will find that you can actually TASTE the food!
5) Not drinking enough water. It is true, we are usually thirsty when we reach for food. Next time you want to reach for that unhealthy snack at work, try guzzling a bottle of water first. It is amazing how much better you feeling when you are fully hydrated and not to mention it will help curb your appetite.
Try these tips out and see how they can help you achieve YOUR goals this summer!
Questions on nutrition or fitness? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd be happy to help!
In good health,
Cristina Walterman, owner of CW Physique, let's you in on fitness and nutrition tips, recipes, exercises and much more. With over 8 years of experience in the industry, she loves to inspire and motivate individuals. She always practices what she preaches and leads by example.