It is quite a beautiful day here in Chicago. This beautiful 40 degree weather and sunshine reminded me of something today. Ever since I decided to make health and fitness my number one priority, my whole life changed. I preach this over and over again but sometimes it never really gets through to people. I don't care what kind of stressful job you have or how many children you are looking after, if you do not take care of yourself then you have nothing. Sure, your body might run on low for a few years but it will catch up to you eventually. So do me a favor and make taking care of yourself your number one priority. You job and your family will thank you (even if you don't believe me).
I want to share some facts today that are fitness and nutrition related. I am hoping some of these are new to you and you can store them in your brain for later use.
10 things you need to know about exercising and eating right:
1) There is no age limit to working out. I never take age as an excuse. No matter what your age, you can still start.
2) You cannot spot target body parts for fat loss. Your body will lose fat in that trouble area when it wants to.. and most of the time it is the last to go!
3) Cardio will not make you loss weight as much as you think. Go lift up those dumbbells and build muscle! The more muscle you have the more fat you will burn!
4) Just because you are starting or continuing a workout routine doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want!! Weight loss is 80% diet my friends!
5) Muscle is denser than fat and therefore does NOT weight more. You can loss 5lb of body fat and gain 3lb of muscle and be down only 2lb... keep going.
6)When a food label says "low fat," low sugar," "low this or that," stay clear! It is probably MORE processed than the original product.
7) When something says organic it doesn't necessarily mean it is 100%. Even the label USDA organic doesn't have to be 100% organic.. so be careful how you spend your money! I usually look at the food label and buy food that isn't processed.
8) You don't need fancy clothing or gym gear to get your workouts on.. home workouts can be just as effective!
9) Almost 85% of people who set out to loss weight will quit within the first month- DON'T LET THIS BE YOU!
10) You want a six pack? Don't spend hours doing crunches because that won't help. Eating clean is what will get you to shred the tummy fat. Abs are the muscle I train the least but it is the leanest part on my body because I eat clean!
All in all, keep pushing towards your goals. Once you hit your goal, set another one! Always stay hungry for more without over training. Working out and eating right is the best medicine you will ever get!
In good health,
Cristina Walterman, owner of CW Physique, let's you in on fitness and nutrition tips, recipes, exercises and much more. With over 8 years of experience in the industry, she loves to inspire and motivate individuals. She always practices what she preaches and leads by example.