As you know, spring is around the corner. Many of you might be thinking of summer weather where we bare our skin more often than not. Are you looking to lose a few pounds before than? Do you want to look your BEST this year? Try my 5 tips that will help you jump start your weight loss goal.
5 TIPS TO LOSE 5 POUNDS:
1) Cardio. If you know me as a trainer, I RARELY preach on cardio, HOWEVER, this day in age we just don't move enough! Breaking news: movement creates fat loss! Without movement our body can't burn the extra calories so what does it do? Stores it! So get up 30 minutes earlier and go for a nice walk OR take your family and get outside after dinner. A 30 minute walk around your neighborhood is a lot easier than you think!
2) Track your food. I am NOT a calorie counter, repeat, I am NOT a calorie counter. Not all calories are created equal and I think it is a waste of time to try and track them.. not to mention it's an outdated way of tracking your food. Instead, try using a macronutrient calculator and determine how much fat, carbs and protein you are consuming during the day. This is a great way to see what your eating too much of or vice versa.
3) Get sleep!! This seems to be a huge one that people underestimate ALL the time. Sleep is when our bodies recover and without it, our bodies can't fully recharge and recover. You wouldn't want to start your day with your phone charged at 30% now would you? Charge your body (and your phone) and start your day off at 100%!
4) Eat when you wake up. This seems to be a big one that holds a lot of controversy. I am a huge believer that eating when you wake up is the best way to start your day AND your metabolism. If you wait 3 hours after you wake up to eat then your metabolism has spent the past 3 hours laying dormant. WAKE IT UP. When you eat, you fuel your metabolism and get your engine roaring for the day, when you don't eat right away it won't work at its most optimal level. Eat when you wake up.
5) Lift weights and heavy ones. Lifting weights is one of the best ways to aid in fat loss. Increase lean muscle helps burn fat and in turn, makes the scale go down! However, if you are lifting the SAME amount of weights for the SAME amount of reps, your not getting ANYWHERE. You must challenge your body and increase the resistance to see consistent results. Ladies, you will NOT get bulky (and if you end up looking like the hulk let me know because I haven't seen it happen yet).
Try these tips out and let me know how your body responds! You will be surprised by the quick results in such easy tasks!
In good health,
Cristina Walterman, owner of CW Physique, let's you in on fitness and nutrition tips, recipes, exercises and much more. With over 8 years of experience in the industry, she loves to inspire and motivate individuals. She always practices what she preaches and leads by example.